Saturday, March 9, 2019

Changing our minds..

After a student in my group discussion suggested that my partner and I should use "Adobe Pro" to edit our final project, I asked my partner if he knew what it was since I have never heard of it. 

However, my partner disagreed with using "Adobe Pro" and suggested that we should use an application called "WeVideo." He argued that since we have used this platform in the past, it is best we utilize it for our final project and not something new that we have never used before. I agreed with this, even though "Adobe Pro" looked cool, we should use an application we are familiar with.

"WeVideo" is compatible with a Mac Book laptop, which is the technology we each are going to use to edit each part of the film opening. Since our high school, Cypress Bay, subscribes to "WeVideo," my partner and I get the application at no cost (again, a major plus!)





This is the home screen a user sees as they are editing a project. "WeVideo" allows he or she to layer multiple items such as pictures, audio or effects all simultaneously. This feature will specifically benefit my partner and I since our voice over narrator will be speaking over multiple videos as the beginning credits, in text, are showing with the title. 

This application also has a variety of transitions within it. The long list of transitions will help Ethan and I incorporate ones we have never used before as we want to change from one scene to another. 

"WeVideo" also allows more than one person to work on a specific project at a time. Ethan and I will be working on our project simultaneously in order to be more efficient. This also allows us to communicate easier since we will both be looking at the same screen at the same time. 

Even though I am not an experienced editor, I am trusting that the application "WeVideo" will aid my partner and I for our final project. The easy-to-use platform has features that is specified to what we need for our film opening. 

Never thought that I would say that I am actually excited to start editing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!