Monday, March 11, 2019

Filters

Before we started to do our storyboard, my partner had brought up the idea of having filters within the final project, I immediately turned him down.

I think that filters add a "fake" factor to the overall video footage and does not really have a positive effect. However, Ethan told me to look up films that utilize filters just to see if that changes my mind. 

I found an aspect called "color grading." This is when the appearance of the film is improved when captured in different environments on different devices. Color is important because it effects mood and can change a film from looking lifeless to alive. In my opinion, I would rather watch a colored film rather than a black and white / grayish one. 



Like the picture seen above, I agree to utilize this technique. When my partner said filters I did not even think of color grading. I thought filters meant black and white or those super corny saturated ones. I really like the concept of color grading for every aspect of the film opening so everything looks the same. 





Since I have never heard of this before I want to make sure that we are able to use color grading in our own project. This video gives a step by step on how to alter the various recordings in order to color grade correctly. 

Ethan and I have agreed to use this for our own video and we are going to make sure to view this video as we are editing in order to get the color on screen we want. Having color on a film overall enhances viewer engagement, which is something we want to achieve with our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!