Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Storyboard

In class Ethan and I have decided to write out our entire storyboard. This will aid us in planning out the types of shots being incorporated in each segment of our opening scene. 

Before completing this process, I wanted to explore the actual benefits of storyboarding to see if it was worth the time. To be completely honest, I have never really used a storyboard in past projects because I thought it was pointless and a waste.

After doing much research, I have concluded that I was totally wrong. Yes, indeed, it is super important for my partner and I to plan out the opening scene aspects before the actual filming day. 

Storyboarding allows us to set up the film before it is even made. This visualization will allow us to potentially see the problem areas in which we can fix ahead of time. Just because we have a vision in our minds of how we see the film looking like, does not mean it is practical and planned out. Drawing or writing out a storyboard will take our vision to paper. Like we did here: 




Okay maybe this is not exactly what a storyboard should look like, I guess you can say this is "our version." 

Instead of drawing all of our parts for the opening, we wrote them out, all with separate titles that indicate what the main character is doing. Underneath these brief titles, we wrote out some camera shots we want to be focused on in these various segments. We made them brief and to the point which may seem confusing, but when conversed about how we want it to be executed, we wrote down the words that made sense to us. 

The large bracket that is enclosing some of the segments is meant for a 360 angle. This is when the actors are standing still and a tripod with the camera is literally going in a 360 circle around them. We thought that this decision would make the scene more interesting and catch the viewers eye. 




In this video, the camera is spinning around the still actors. These shots definitely intrigued me when I saw it due to the suspense-ish aspect and the focus on the characters. I forsake want to incorporate this technique in my own project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!