Sunday, March 1, 2020

People pondering

After watching the documentary in my previous post, I got really intrigued with this topic. I started to think about what actual people we are going to interview and how to find the perfect group. 

My partner and I have access to many teens since our school consists of almost 5,000 people, however not just ANY teen is going to work. 

I found an article on https://www.addictioncenter.com/drugs/social-media-addiction/ and it fit perfect to our topic. 

It states:

Although many people habitually use social media, very few are genuinely addicted. If you’re worried that someone may be at risk of developing an addiction to social media, ask yourself these six questions:

- Does he/she spend a lot of time thinking about social media or planning to use social media?

- Does he/she feel urges to use social media more and more?

- Does he/she use social media to forget about personal problems?

- Does he/she often try to reduce use of social media without success?

- Does he/she become restless or troubled if unable to use social media?

- Does he/she use social media so much that it has had a negative impact on his/her job or studies?

Using these six questions, we could be able to find a couple of teenagers who would say "yes" to most of these. We could also utilize these questions during our actual interview process in order to get real and truthful answers out of the interviewees. 

Now we just need to think of how to find adults to include or a professional source. Hopefully my class and my teacher can give us advice on this part so we can start writing questions and planning our film schedule!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!