Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Website Inspo


Before I start my documentary website, I wanted to get some professional examples in order to know what elements to add and how to format, etc. I will be focusing on the home page specifically because this is the first thing my viewers will see.

The first one I found is called "HONEYLAND." This documentary is about a woman who uses ancient beekeeping traditions to cultivate honey in the mountains of North Macedonia. Because the film is about bees, the website utilizes yellow, black, and white to go with the color scheme of the insect. The home page is simplistic with only three tabs to watch the trailer, about the film, and donate to the Honeyland community in which the film was about. I love the use of simple colors relating to the theme, however it may be hard to find the colors for social media. 




The second documentary website I found is called "The Biggest Little Farm." This documentary is about a couple who follows through their successes and failures as they work to develop a sustainable farm on 200 acres outside of Los Angeles. In order to market the "animal aspect" of the film, the background of the homepage is a montage of animal videos. I thought that this aspect was distracting since it was hard to read the home page with a bunch of moving animals in the back. Also, the many tabs made the overall website confusing. However, it is very unique since I have never seen this technique done before; I will not be using it. 




The third documentary website I found is for "Bisbee '17." This documentary is partially based on a true story Western, it reflects on the events of the 1917 Bisbee Deportation, 100 years later; it is set in Bisbee, Arizona, both in 1917 and 2017. This dark color scheme of the text coincides with with dark color grading of the actual documentary. I believe that these colors are necessary to market the documentary since it is a deep topic to discuss. I also loved how they added an actual picture from the documentary as their background. I love the look of this home page since it looks like everything matches. I will definitely be using this aspect in our website with our own color scheme. 





Throughout all three documentary website examples, each incorporates tabs that have "contact," "about," "screenings," and "images." The parts of the website are necessary to use for our own in order to market the documentary effectively. My partner and I just have to make sure our website goes with the overall theme of social media in order to market effectively. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!