Thursday, March 12, 2020

Poster Inspo

My favorite part!

I do not know why this is my favorite part, probably because I love looking at movie and documentary posters. I think that the posters have a major impact on whether a viewer is to watch the piece or not. Because of the importance of it, I want to make sure my partner and I create an impactful poster.

I wanted to search up documentary posters related to our theme of social media addiction, so this is what I found.





The first one I found is from a documentary called "social_animals." This documentary is about a photographer, an aspiring swimsuit model, and a midwestern girl who are all looking for love, acceptance and, fame from their Instagram account. I love this poster. I think the social media theme is very clear being that the poster incorporates a white border, reflecting what the actual feed of Instagram looks like. Also, the title mimics what a username would look like on social media applications. Without even reading the summary of the documentary, viewers can immediately tell what the piece is about. I want our viewers to know what our documentary is about just by looking at the poster and our title, which is why I love this example.




The second example I found is from a documentary titled, "The Great Disconnect." This piece is centered on a group of people searching for human connections in today's technology world. A hard-working lawyer, attached to his cell phone, can't find the time to communicate with his family. A couple is drawn into a dangerous situation when their secrets are exposed online. I appreciate the aspect of the "like" buttons that are normally featured on the Instagram app. This feature in this poster made it clear what it will be about. The only negative thing about this poster is that it includes subjects that are much older than our target audience. 


I love that both of these posters include the "like" button. I definitely want to use this technique in our poster since this attracts our target audience who use social media applications. This will give our audience the theme of the documentary series with out the title literally saying "social media addiction." Our subjects featured in the poster will be teenagers or a single teenager. I cannot wait to start designing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!