Sunday, February 24, 2019

Looking back ...

Ok so Ethan and I completely changed our minds and did not want to pursue the horror genre. In class we were to preview AS level projects from last year. This was SUPER helpful. Many projects were horror which is one of the reasons why we wanted to do something different than the norm.

In viewing students' portfolios, I was able to read blog posts and tell what the blog website is supposed to, or not supposed to look like. The ones who have put in more effort is noticeable, which are positive examples I aspire to accomplish. For example, I now understand that pictures are an important aspect on the website for both the magazine and film openings. Vlogs are also an option for Ethan and I as students posted these videos to enhance their processes. One project really caught my eye. It was titled “The Meticulous Life of…” This film opening was breaking the fourth wall, meaning that there was a voice over talking to the audience instead of dialogue. I would like to research more movies that have utilized this technique because I think that Ethan and I could pull this off.

Without viewing past projects, I would not have known that these were alternatives. Also, students who uploaded their film openings assisted my understanding of the time and hard work some have went through to finalize these scenes. If we were not allowed to see projects from last year, I would still be left in confusion and not sure what my blog website should end up looking like. However, if teacher comments were included, I think that could enhance student understanding of the "perfect" or close to perfect portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!