Saturday, March 23, 2019

Adding a nice touch

As we continue on the editing process, we want to make sure every aspect of the film opening is perfect. 

Since our whole film opening is covered by the main characters voice over, we thought that adding some special techniques to enhance the actual footage on the stage. 

So I started to research some effects that could add to the overall beginning of the film; I stubbled upon freeze frame.  

Adding a freeze frame is when you stop the film in a particular place in order to either add emphasis on something or fill in information not given, even to cover up missing footage. They are a quick and effective way to start a drama genre for a film. Participants create an image using their bodies – with no movement. Freeze frames can be made by individuals, small groups or even the whole group.

I thought that this would be a perfect addition in our opening. 
Here is an example from the film "Goodfellas" :




I want to utilize freeze frames in order to introduce the main character and her best friend. I feel as though freeze frames will create more interest for the individuals watching and adds a unique touch that isn't used as common as other techniques in films. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!