Thursday, March 21, 2019

Editing time!!

Remember when I was talking about color grading???? Welp here it is!! 

After viewing all of the shots and scenes captured, every video was imported to a computer. This laptop already had Adobe Premiere as a primary editing application. 

When previously talked about, we were not going to use Adobe Premiere to edit the entirety of our final project. However, we decided to utilize this software JUST to color grade since that was all that we had. 

This was definitely unexpected but Ethan and I decided to try it out and if we were not happy with it, we could just use a different platform. 
This is an example of one shot we took and tweaked it to please the viewers' eyes:



Even though I was skeptical at first, Adobe Premiere was not complicated to use once my partner and I played around with the different parts like saturation, brightness, highlights, etc. I surprisingly enjoyed color grading on this platform. 

By clicking on multiple segments, we were able to incorporate the same edits on every one. This made it easier for us so we did not have to go through all of our footage and attempt to make every minute the exact same edits. 

Color grading is super important to incorporate in our film since some segments were filmed outside, the exposure was suuuuper high. By using this technique, the lighting is way better and by lowering the exposure, we did not need to use umbrellas with lights or any tools like that.

After color grading was over, we transferred all of our footage onto a flash drive in order for Ethan and I to have it on our own laptops. Now onto WeVideo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!