Sunday, March 17, 2019

"Credits" options

Disclaimer: I know that the opening credits in a movie are an aspect that is mostly saved until the end of the final production process, or at least when the movie has been actually filmed. 

However, as I was watching a different variety of films all weekend long, I decided to start brainstorming on what our film opening credits will look like and where they are going to be placed.

I started to do some research on what credits actually end up looking on screen  because I was lost on where to include texts as a scene is playing. I stumbled upon this video on YouTube that shows examples of opening credits in various films:


I have came to the realization that our text options and placement is 100% up to my partner and I. There is no specific way a credit is "supposed to be." 

My partner and I agreed to have our credits at the beginning of the two minutes rather than the end and randomly positioned. We did not want our credits to have a specific order since the film opening is about having fun, the credits will be placed sporadically. 

I really would like this style of text to be utilized for the credits: 


This might sound crazy but it caught my eye because it was NOT bolded or emphasized with any border around it. The text is simplistic and seems "happy." That is the vibe I got from it and I think it would fit perfect into our film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!