Wednesday, March 20, 2019

IT IS FILMING DAY EVERYONE

It is the day we have all been waiting for....... finally....... FILMING!!

By utilizing the storyboard layout Ethan and I came up with, our locations and shots were previously planned in order to make the process a lot easier. 

We made sure to bring this special sheet of paper just in case we forgot an aspect for this special day. Also, as we were going, we checked off what we finished as we went along.

Once we started shooting, I remembered that my neighbor, Dean, once showed me a short film he made using a car mount. I thought that it would be a unique touch in our opening and made that short adjustment in our car scene. 

I knew I did not want just a normal point of view shot or a two shot of my friend and I from the backseat because that is too boring. So, when I thought of the car mount, Ethan agreed that it was the perfect addition.

Here is the inside view of Dean attaching the camera to the hood:



When driving, I was nervous that it was going to fall off so I made sure to drive with caution. The mount is super secure, but looking at the tripod gripping on a moving vehicle made me nervous!

This segment of our opening focuses on the two girls having fun in their car on the way to the mall. This car mount captures their facial (and body) emotions and shows the audience that they are on the move. 

You are going to FLIP when you see this footage.. it is something I have never scene in a film opening and hopefully this last minute decision was not a bad one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!