Monday, March 4, 2019

What to film what to film ...

As I mentioned in a previous post, my partner and I have established that the overal genre of our film is “teen flick.” 

We are going to start our storyboard today so before we do so, I am brainstorming what exactly where I want the locations to be. 
The two minutes of the film opening is going to be about the main character’s life (me). I would like for her to have a best friend and if we were to make an actual movie about it, the film would be about their crazy adventures together. 

I know what you’re thinking - so what are you going to film?

I want the opening scene to be relatable to the teen audience. That means the narration has to be comical and conversational. 

Here is a slight overview of the scene: (once the story board is finished I will insert the shots on a separate post)

We are going to start as the teen wakes up on a normal day. This part of the scene her hair will not be done and she humors herself on the voice over about how she looks. As she finishes getting ready, she will introduce the audience to her best friend. Her best friend will be perfectly done up; with make up and nice clothes, the opposite of the main character. Since the film is about their adventures together, there will be fun shots of them at the mall, singing in the car together, or tanning by the pool. The voice over will include how they met and how the main character feels about her best friend. 

We want the shots to be as lighthearted as possible since this is directed to be relatable to the teenage audience. By the end of the scene we will end it with “and this is where it all went wrong” to leave the audience in mystery and surprise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!