Sunday, March 3, 2019

Thinking of the storyline

As each day is going by, I am getting more and more excited about filming this opening scene.

My partner and I were discussing the scene aspects such as the actors, where it will take place, what it is going to be about and what tools we are going to use to achieve this.

We have decided to base the entire first scene on a teenager's life. Ethan thinks that I should be the main character in our project. I am nervous to do this since I am always the one behind the camera, not in front of it. If I end up taking the role as the narrator, I will be voice overing each part of the opening. We are still trying to figure out what we are going to be filming. I was thinking that we can film me getting out of bed in the morning, showing my family, me rushing to school, not 100% sure yet what the whole film should encompass.

We want to leave the audience in a mystery as to what is going to happen next. I thought of ending the scene with a line that makes people want to keep watching like,"And this is where it all went wrong" or "I never thought my day was going to end up like it did." I am not positive as to what the exact words are going to be since I have not started the script writing, but those are just ideas.

The topic of the location came up in our discussion of filming and we have tons of ideas. Ethan has a professional camera that we can use to record the entirety of the scene. I also have professional lighting that we can use for the house scenes if the natural light does not work out. If we were to film a morning routine of a teenager rushing to school, the house would have to be well-lit and easy to maneuver around. Also, when showing the teenager arriving at school, the location of Cypress Bay is trouble-free, since we only need a couple of shots in the parking lot.

The equipment and locations are easily accessible. The only issue is that we need to be certain about what we are going to be specifically filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!