Saturday, March 2, 2019

Voice over inspirations

It is official! I am the main character of the theme opening!

I am super nervous because I hate hearing my voice on voice recordings but my partner ensured me that I was perfect to use as the main actress. As the focus of the film, I need to start researching how to incorporate teenagers' lives into 1 - 2 minutes. I am starting to brainstorm ideas on how I want my "character" to interact with the audience.  Since our target audience is mainly focused on teenagers, the lines in the script have to be funny and relatable. 

I stumbled upon this scene in the movie "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" (2018): 

Even though the actual scene is not what we are filming, I focused my attention on the voice over. The main character was saying exactly what she was thinking like she was conversing with the audience. Her lines were humorous and made me laugh during my first viewing. They connected with the younger audience which is exactly what our goal is in our project. However, this "To All the Boys I've Loved Before" scene had more dialogue than voice over. We want to have slim to no dialogue in our opening. 

OK I FOUND THE PERFECT EXAMPLE!

This is a scene from the 2018 movie "Love, Simon." His dialogue, the editing, the different scenes within the opening, all is what I envisioned for my partner and I's project. He is directing his monologue to the individuals watching, mostly teenagers. TEENAGERS! This is what I have been talking about people!!!! He shows his life in various aspects and there is slim to NO dialogue what-so-ever. The main character is narrating simultaneous to what is being shown on screen. 10/10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!