Friday, February 21, 2020

Research... Research... Research

I am super excited to be starting the portfolio project with my partner Dio! We originally wanted to do the music promotion package but then had a change of heart. Dio and I love watching and creating documentaries, so we figured that changing to this project portfolio package would be the best idea. 

Our first step into researching was to view the A level projects from last year. I wanted to find some inspiration for the topic or shots we want to incorporate into our own documentary; also to see what we could improve in our final project.

The documentary project I looked at was called, "Trigger Fight." https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=Jv88DN2DVpA&feature=emb_logo

The main topic was surrounding gun violence and how students are affected by it. Incorporating an emotional subject as the main idea is beneficial for a memorable and impactful documentary. It is more likely to connect with the audience on a deeper level and communicate the overall message effectively. I want our documentary to have a powerful and moving story connected within it for these specific reasons, hopefully Dio agrees! 

The sound in this particular documentary was distracting at times, especially the interviews. There was wind that overpowered the interviewees so the audience cannot hear what they are saying. In my opinion, the interviews in a documentary are the most important because they are what carries the story, so I want each of my subjects to have on a mic just to make sure they are heard loud and clear. Also, this documentary did not include music. I believe that even low, somber music would have made "Trigger Fight" more emotional. If my partner and I decide to follow a sad subject, we would like to add music in order to amplify the emotion that will come from either the interviews or visuals. 

Overall, watching students' projects was beneficial for me to focus what specific aspects I want to focus on in order to make a good documentary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!