Saturday, February 22, 2020

Topic Time

To be honest, Dio and I are having trouble finding the perfect topic to incorporate in our documentary. We know for sure we want it to be thought-provoking and emotional, but it is hard to find the PERFECT one. 

I read a very short article online that gave the basic questions my partner and I should be considering during this brainstorming progress. (https://www.desktop-documentaries.com/documentary-ideas.html)

These questions included, 

- What topics do you find yourself thinking about or talking about over and over again?

- What topics or ideas make you tingle with excitement, frustration, anger or intrigue.

- Is there something that completely fascinates you?

- Are you completely baffled by why something is the way it is?


- Is there an injustice happening in the world that you want to try and make right?

These questions triggered me into thinking of topics that are relatable, maybe emotional, yet captivating. I want to focus on Dio and I's age group in order for us to relate and possibly have a piece our audience will relate to as well.

Some thoughts that came up were focusing on the younger generation, for example, high schoolers vaping, death in young students lives, the toll of social media, etc.

It is important for us to connect with the subjects so that we can learn more and be interested in the doc that we are creating. I hope that whatever topic we choose has an impact on someone in the audience watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!