Saturday, March 7, 2020

tik .. tok .. tik .. tok ..

Time is going by so fast !!!!

I feel like we are super behind since we have not started to film yet but I promise we are getting there. Just so I feel more organized, I am going to lay out our main parts of our documentary: 

  • Overall topic of our series: Social media addiction
  • Our episode: How the designs of apps like Tik Tok makes users addicted
  • Theme: biased - my partner and I are going to focus on the negative side of social media and why being addicted is bad
  • Target Audience: Generation Z "the group of kids, teens and young adults roughly between the ages of 7 and 22"

Our teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, gave us a really good idea about how to name our episodes since this aspect is vital for our website. We want to use alliteration for every episode in order to catch our audiences attention and create rhythm and mood on the particular connotations. This is what my partner and I came up with: 


  1. Communication
  2. Collection
  3. Compulsion
  4. Criticism   

We have most of the titles we want to use for our episodes. My partner and I still need to figure out what our intro and ending is going to be.

The one we are producing for our portfolio project is titled "Compulsion." We wanted this to be the title because compulsion means an irresistible urge to behave in a certain way. This goes perfectly with our social media addiction topic.

"Collection," if produced, would be about the data social media companies actually collect from user activity and profiles.

"Communication," if produced, would be about how one portrays themselves online and how this is not how they are in real life. Their profile may communicate a different message about their personality online.

"Criticism," if produced, would be about the online bullying and hate people give creators.  However, the users who give hate still watch their youtube videos, raises their views, so it makes the creator more famous.

I feel better now that I have most of our titles down. Now its time to really make a schedule for filming! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!