Friday, April 17, 2020

Project reflection


To be completely honest, this project was not easy for my partner and I. 

At first, we had everything planned out, with a schedule, our subjects, the equipment, everything. However, due to this global pandemic, we had to completely change everything. Having to abruptly shift gears was something my partner and I were not used to, especially when neither of us could not leave our houses to film anything. 

We could not use our same subjects, we wanted to film in spring break but that could not happen due to COVID-19, and we were not able to get equipment. At first we were panicking because the main things you need in a documentary are interviews and b-roll, and we could not leave our houses what-so-ever. My partner and I knew that we could not change our topic this last minute, so we overcame these struggles by using our at-home resources. Our documentary is about social media addictions, in which our ‘episode’ was about TikTok, so a lot of our footage is our friends either making TikToks or from their accounts. It was really hard to acquire b-roll for a 5 minute documentary, especially since no one in my household even knows what the application is. 

The website and our poster turned out great because for that we did not need any interviewees or b-roll, just our computers. I am happy with how those two components turned out. 

I am actually pleased with the outcome of our final project. I feel this way because it represents how we tried our hardest. Obviously if this pandemic did not occur, our project could have been way better, but we dealt with these challenges and put in our best effort. Due to completely re-planning and changing everything, my partner and I did not give up and towards the end, felt prepared to finish by the due date. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

I cannot believe this is all over! Thanks for following along on my journey. Here is my CCR!